Wednesday 3 November 2010

Day 10-Something you're afraid of

Well if i am talking about phobias my biggest one is spiders, i don't remember if i liked them as a young kid but i remember when i got terrified of them, i was in primary school and i had put my tights on and gone down stairs then i found there was a huge spider in the leg of them, you know when you don't want to rip tights that's the easiest thing to do but do you think i could rip those tights off......erm no. That was one of the scariest times of my life, there have been so many times since then when my phobia has gotten the better of me. In secondary school we had an animal man come in with some different creatures, he had his blood hound which was so cute, a tiny little honey bear, and eagle and a falcon and then he bought out a bog with a tarantula inside, my tutor knew i didn't like them so asked if he could hold back while i left but he didn't he said it would be good for me to face it, i couldn't move, i was stuck on the chair with about 100 other kids laughing at me while i almost had a heart attack, my tutor was yelling for him to back off which he finally did but i broke down in the middle of the hall with everyone staring at me. Almost everyday at school after that people would try to scare me with spiders, until one art class where we had to draw preserved insects, i thought OK insects are still bad but i can do this, until there was a preserved tarantula, i had to sit in another class to draw my butterfly. that was so embarrassing.

There are a few other things that i am afraid of which are no where near as bad as spiders. One weird one is i cant stand cooked mushrooms, we had a curry a while ago and i normally pick out the mushrooms but this time i poked my fork in and it made a weird squeaking noise, it freaked me out so much i have never touched a mushroom since.

I used to think i was scared of flying because i have so little control up there but that was before i had been on a plane but my first flight was an 8 hour flight to Florida in 2008 and i loved it, it was so much fun we were low enough sometimes to see over new york, and when we were above the clouds it was breath taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment