Saturday 16 October 2010

Day 24: where i live.

I live in a town called Dudley. it is in the West midlands, right in the middle of that little red bit above.


View Larger Map

I live in the house right at the end of the block witht he blue door. I have lived here for nearly 11 years now.

 I live 5 minute walk away from the town centre which is right next to Dudley zoo and castle.

After living here all my life and seeing it from my door step its only when i see it in a picture that i realise just how lucky i am to have something like this right on my door step, it really is beautiful.

Just down the road from the zoo is the Black country living museum, i used to love going there when i was younger, it isn't like other museums they have taken old buildings and transport them to there, it is like a little town, they have an old style fish and chip shop, traditional sweets all made the same way they used to in the 1800's with the little metal presses. The people who work there are all in period clothes, its so much fun.



A short drive from my town is Merry hill shopping centre where you can get almost everything.




Then finally not too far away (about half an hour due to the heavy traffic) we have the world famous Bullring centre in Birmingham.



Like i have said, as i have lived here for all my life i don't always appreciate it but really i am quite lucky to live somewhere that has quite a lot of character

No comments:

Post a Comment