Thursday 18 March 2010

My engagement up until now

Well this is my first post so i think it is just right to say a little bit about me and my fiance dave, so here goes.

The first thing i should really say is that i did meet dave on faceparty, he had messaged me a few times but i wasnt really looking for a relationship, you see i had a car accident while i was in college which ment i had to leave my job at the local cinema, it made me really down and lost some of my friends that i worked with, so i started talking to people on faceparty, one day some of my friends asked me to meet up with them so i decided i would go but they canceled at the last minute, so i logged on to my computer and found a message from dave asking why i sounded so upset, so i told him and he said he would be my knight in shining armour (i know this sounds a little bit tacky and a come-on but i was just pleased that someone was paying my attention, so we aranged to meet at the bar near me, (i dont drink so he didnt either) and as soon as i met him i knew i was going to marry him someday, (again i know it sounds like the obvious that everyone says but i really did). we met at around 7 and very soon i came to closing time, it didnt feel like it had been that long, we talked about everything, until it was time to leave, i said i had college the next day and he said he also had college, it turns out we go to the same college but never knew lol. so we decided maybe meeting up in out free period.



That was april 2006, not long after we met we talked about the future as we both wanted the same thing, marriage, kids it was so natural to talk about. At the end of 2007 i realised it was a leap year so i set my plan into motion, i was going to ask dave to marry me on valentines day, that day he was working in the morning so we were meeting up to have dinner so i went to h samuels and asked the lady what she thought, she said it was a great idea so i got the ring and went along to our date. I was so nervous we were eating and i didnt know what do or how, i just dropped it into conversation, and you know what, he laughed at me......he actually laughed at me. He thought i was joking until i showed him the ring, thats when i realised i was serious and he said of course he would marry me but he had planned to do it when we were on holiday in florida but i had spoiled that now.....but we went out to find my perfect ring which i had already found in the same shop that i got his ring from, everyone knows that i love the colour pink and purple so i went for a white gold band with 10 diamonds leading up to a pink sapphire in the centre, i was in love..lol.


We decided to have our engagement party on june 14th 2008 and i was awesome.


next will be about looking for my dress and our budget talk

No comments:

Post a Comment