Thursday 18 March 2010

my engagement party, the budget and the dress

well first i am gonna just pop on a few pictures of our engagement party, it really was an amazing night..

now the bit about the dress well when i first went looking for my dress i took along my MOH we went to a few shops and found the types of dress that worked for my (i was 2/3 dress sizes bigger then than i am now) and i found a dress that i thought i fell in love with but most of the ladies in the dress stores say that if there is a but then its not the dress for you and the one i thought i fell in love with did have a but the material round the waist was quite thin and i didnt feel comfortable in it so i would have had to wear some sort of body suit underneath and i didnt want to do that...i gave up looking for a while until i saw this huge dress so when me and my mom were finished at the gym we went along to try on the dress, omg i would have needed a truck to help me carry it down the aisle it was so heavy so that was a no, but the lady in the shop tried to get me to try on a princess dress (which i had tried before but i was bigger and it didnt work) but as soon as i put it on i knew it was the one and have a guess what.....there was no but......mission accomplished.. after going to that shop i decided i wasnt going to look for any other dresses because i knew i needed that one...me and my mom went to the national wedding show on the 5th march and i saw my dress their and tried it on again and that just made me more certain that this is my dress and it made my waist so small and one great point is it was from a different store and was cheaper too....yay

now to the part i really dont want to talk about.... the dreaded budget...

well first we did a rough list of what was the nessesary, church, reception venue, dress, suits and stationary and i still dont think we actually have a budget but what we do know is its going to be less than £10,000, preferably it will be closer to £5,000 but with help from my mom and dad and other gifts we will make it as low as possible. There is a great cost that will be down that is the stationary because me and my mom will be doing that ourselves. We are going to make the invitations, the favour boxes, the seating plan, and maybe even an order of service (we are not sure about the order of service yet) So far we have made a samply of the favour box and probably about 7 different invitations lol this is because we first worked out what shape we wanted, then did we want the R.S.V.P car in the back? then did we want contrasting card on the front and back to give it character?? this is why we have so many samples...i will put photos on soon i just havnt taken any yet.

next time i will writing about who is going to be in my wedding party

No comments:

Post a Comment